Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Hi, my name is Adrianne and I am a ribbonoholic

Word! San Diego wedding season is in its full summer swing once again, and although the bride is hands down the VIP du jour, her sassy sidekicks should never be overlooked. After all, they have probably seen her through just about everything! You know, the usual stuff -from braces and the ugly, pimply adolescent years to studying abroad and moving into her first apartment. Yikes, don't even forget bad boyfriend breakups #1-10! Better get these saintly sistahs clad in well-deserved, well-made, colorful attire. Some of my faves include: http://www.simpledress.com/ , http://www.ariadress.com/ and www.jcrew/AST/Browse/WeddingParties/Wedding_Bridesmaid/dresses.jsp

Thankfully, at this wonderful time of year, bridesmaid dresses come in a sprightly array of colors. Saturated sunflower yellows, aquamarine blues, grassy clover greens, rum punchy pinks - all perfect choices for glowy summertime skin. Their bouquets also must make a special statement. That is where I come in - complimenting their zesty attire/flowers with the perfect ribbon wrapped around the stems. I must confess, I have boatloads of the stuff. I am a ribbon junkie. There is no easy fix. French wired, velvet, double face satin, ombre, vintage, grosgrain and silk, don't get me going - the beast within emerges and credit cards go mad! Oh no, here come the voices again, make them stop! Where is that soup Nazi guy from Seinfeld when I need to be denied..."No ribbon for you!"

Cheers,
Adrianne




No comments:

Post a Comment