Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gad zukes, Scooby...these are real mums!

Ok - I am so fired up... Exquisite Weddings Magazine table top decor photo shoot countdown, less than 20 hours!


I had such a freak out when I saw these 6" diameter China mums (a.k.a. - "chrysanthemums grandes") last week. When I picked them up from my wholesale floral peeps today I may have popped a vein in my eyeball and said, "Zoinks!" They are so frickin' fat and gorgeous. Mustard colored, and I don't mean "French's Mustard"...FYI, that's not real mustard. "French's Mustard" is only legal to those US citizens under the age of 12 who, sadly, via the disgraceful permission of their weak parents are allowed to slather this stuff onto their hotdogs! Thankfully, this sad and forbidden condiment does not exist if you were blessed enough to be born and raised in Europe, right? Heck, they even let their fine Euro youth sip wine at the ripe age of 12! So, the mustard yellow I am refering to is "dijon-esque", a sophisticated muted Euro-yellow w/a hint of grey meets apricot at a swinging, yet spicy party - do you know that of which I write? Hope so. More photos to follow...tomorrow is going to be so groovy delicious, I can taste it!


Tonight, I shall dream of REAL mustard colored mums - aaaaahhh. And, maybe, of cyclist George Hincapie too...hee hee. Look him up google style :-)
HINT: Someone needs Scooby snack!



Cheers,
Adrianne

2 comments: